Franklin County Career and Technology Center (FCCTC) School Meals
The Chambersburg Area School District operates the Cafeteria and meal services at CareerTech. They offer both the National School Breakfast Program and the National School Lunch Program to all students attending FCCTC.
Secondary Prices for the school year – Breakfast $2.00 – Lunch $2.85
Households may pay for meals by going to www.SchoolCafe.com and setting up an account with payments or sending a check (payable to: CASD Food Service) or cash to the school cafeteria.
- The randomly assigned FCCTC Student ID Number must be used to start a new student account (not PA Secure ID #). This ID # will be provided to students at New Student Orientation or first day of school.
- Students must wait until after Student Data Rollover which usually occurs the week before school starts (Mid August). If you cannot access a student in system try again a few days later.
- All students must select Chambersburg School District (CASD) for student account because Cafeteria is operated through contract with CASD.
- Minimum deposit amount is $25.00.
- Deposits usually happen with-in a few hours, but may take up to 24 hours after entered into account.
- An alert can be set to notify parents when account funds are getting low.
- Students will be provided a FCCTC ID badge which can be swiped in order to charge meals to ParentOnline account.
What is a School Lunch?
The student may choose from…
- 8-10 entrees — student may take 1 (note: the entree usually contains Grain and Meat)
- a minimum of 3 vegetables — student may take 2
- a minimum of 3 fruits — student may take 2
- 4 milk — student may take 1
…so that the student may actually take the full meal or may take as little as 3 items as long as one of them is a Fruit or a Vegetable.
Free and Reduced Meal Benefits
If you need assistance in paying for meals you may go to www.paschoolmeals.com to complete and submit an application to see if you qualify for meal benefits. Applications may be submitted for the school year any time after July 1st. We will notify you of your household status by US postal mail or email.
Meal Charge Policy
- Secondary Students shall be permitted to charge meals up to three (3) meals. Once the student has charged the limit of three (3) meals, the student shall be offered a cheese sandwich, fruit and skim milk until such time as the meal charges are paid in full. The household may also choose to pack meals for the student.
- Students with meal charges will not be permitted to purchase ALA Carte items. All monies tendered shall be applied to pay off meal charges.
Collection of Meal Charges
- The automated call system, School Messenger, shall call and/or email households where students have meal charges on a weekly basis. Currently this is set up to occur on Monday at approximately 6:30pm.
- Secondary School Cafeteria Managers shall send a charge letter home via the U S Postal mail once each month.
- The individual school offices shall receive meal charge information so that the school administration will assist in the collection of meal charges when they work to collect other monies due to the school.